Routing Winch Wires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need some input on routing the wiring of a 8427 from a ARB to the Battery on a fj60..

It does not look like the factory leads will reach the stock battery position. Only way I see to get to the battery is to go under the radiator (through the frame) then up to the battery. Is this what you guys have done?

Thanks

JON

Last edited:
I don't have an 8427 or an ARB, but for my winch I ran the wires through the passenger side of the grill, over the light bucket and into the engine compartment via holes in the sheet metal behind the corner lights. I over-wrapped the power cables with that plastic used to protect wiring harnesses. I ended up cutting the cables shorter so the length was just right.

Last edited:
Thanks..I'll look for that route. I got up under there last night and didn't see any easy way to the BAtt. The PO had new cables made cause he cut the old moving the winch around in his garage. He made them stock length (went higher grade with the neg, now same thicknexx as the Pos) I'm thinking it's gonna be a close fit length wise. In "my minds eye" I thought there was a gap between the radiator and the headlight where the lines could go through..as is so common...I was wrong..

(obvious) generalities:

tuck them in enough that they won't get pulled down by branches etc

use protection wherever crossing metal

use plenty of zip ties to keep them in place

and I leave the + disconnected from the battery to address Roof Taco temptations

:)

Yeah I was gonna wrap them good. And good idea on keeping the Plus unhooked.

it's a done deal thanks 2mbb...the stock wires barely reached the battery but reach they did...

JON

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom