ROTM February (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overlandeffex

SILVER Star
Threads
So the February run is going to be a Octillo run on the weekend of the 23 and 24. We will be leaving Escondido and willing to meet up at The Round Up in Santa Isabel for those coming. Plan is to drive out and make camp with the American Adventurist group and then hit some trails. Pot luck for those who want to do so and then Sunday some additional trails. Depending on time getting out of the desert maybe even take Oriflamme back up to 78 and Julian area.

Update....We had a change. May head out early Friday now... Anyone up for a change???

Last edited:
Thats going to be a busy weekend out that way. I signed up to go out with SoCal Overland to Anza Borrego that weekend. Should be an interesting trip, not sure what i'm getting myself into.

Dislike button...where is it???

I was going to go out Saturday for the day, but seeing the AA event is this weekend I'm rethinking it. All the trails are going to be "overlander speed" which is one level slower than jeep speed. So much instagraming and drones will be happening.

If I do end up out there maybe we can meet up for a trail?

Last year we did our own thing on trails. Was not too bad and of coarse we can meet somewhere.

Bummer. Can’t make it. My wife is headed to Seattle for work meaning the kids & I are having cake and pudding for dinner for that week. Dads Rule.

I will be hiding out from the crowds down in Ocotillo Sur this weekend.

SO... meet up for some trail goodness?? Are you still bring your friends??

The AA event last year was a run and desert clean up too. Since they did not get the permits they needed due to the shut down the clean up will not be happening. They are going to donate money to CORVA but there is a raffle at the end and last year good prizes. We shall see this year. As a time frame thinking of maybe heading out around 2 to 3 to go check in but maybe head over to where @Justin Zwick is staying for company. Still have not figured it out.

I will be out for the day on Saturday tagging along with my brother's work event which is mostly jeeps. I'd me happy to break off for a trail with you guys if the timing works. You guys have a freq you use or we can meet up on the repeater?

146.490 via ham.

@Cruiser Bauers let me know if you go out friday, I may join up with you. I have to meet SoCal Overland group at 9 in Borrego Springs on Sat.

Well we made it all the way out here to the trip. Very very mild temperatures. Just the wife myself and the big old crazy dog hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hey guys I’ve been stalking this group but not chimed because I was waiting to make my first meeting to officially introduce myself. I met @leucadiacruiser in the Sierras and he told me about this group. Anyway, I’m heading out to Anza Borrego this weekend. Not as part of the group but with a couple other cruisers but would love to connect. We’re camping Saturday night at fish creek. Anyone else?

Well we made it all the way out here to the trip. Very very mild temperatures. Just the wife myself and the big old crazy dog hope everyone has a great weekend!
Hey Jeff. Hope you, the Mrs and the big old crazy dog have a good time. Wish I were out there, I’m playing Mr. Mom until next week but...I’m putting my sliders on tomorrow and my skids earlier in the week when they arrive so I should be ready for the next outing. Have fun & be safe.

Hey guys I’ve been stalking this group but not chimed because I was waiting to make my first meeting to officially introduce myself. I met @leucadiacruiser in the Sierras and he told me about this group. Anyway, I’m heading out to Anza Borrego this weekend. Not as part of the group but with a couple other cruisers but would love to connect. We’re camping Saturday night at fish creek. Anyone else?
I'm down at the Tressels with the American Adventurist group... I have a friend coming to meet us out here if you want to join your welcome to with your friends. We are on the north side of the group kind of by ourselves due to having our dog with us. Moon glow 80 with a rack on top. Hope to see you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom