Rock Warrior Center Cap Install Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Morning,

My new RW center caps arrived, but there is no lock ring or anything of that nature included. My wheels are installed on the vehicle, but the center caps I have not installed yet. My question is, I understand that the TRD Alloy Wheel .pdf indicates you should remove the wheel to install the center caps, but since there is no lock ring (that I have found anyway) is this really a necessary step?

Thanks all!

Nope, they just pop on without the wire ring on the inside. Mine came with the lock ring, but I took them out. Run them like that for 3+ years with no issues. Much harder to get on with the wheel installed if the lock ring is on.

Nope, they just pop on without the wire ring on the inside. Mine came with the lock ring, but I took them out. Run them like that for 3+ years with no issues. Much harder to get on with the wheel installed if the lock ring is on.

Maybe that's why I had to use a rubber mallet to get mine on... :bang:

Maybe that's why I had to use a rubber mallet to get mine on... :bang:

Rubber mallet FTE!

Frankly I think what the ring was supposed to do was make them basically impossible to steal (pry out) from the front when you’re parked. Someone TRIED to take a couple of mine a few years ago. Saw evidence of attempts. They failed. Eventually though, the flanges get brittle and break...& rings come loose anyway.

Last edited:
people will try and steal anything...

Thanks for the replies fellas! I wonder why new ones don't come with the lock ring?

people will try and steal anything...

Thanks for the replies fellas! I wonder why new ones don't come with the lock ring?

Maybe because too many of us were bending them with our rubber mallets? 😬

Maybe because too many of us were bending them with our rubber mallets? 😬

Lol. Well said... 👆 Guess I'm more of a round peg square hole kind of guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom