Roadtrip, camping spots (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all! I could use some TLCA/MUD advice and assistance.

I am going to be driving from TX to WY at the end of March 28 and arrive April 1. Specifically Amarillo Texas to Lander Wyoming for a month long training class. I need some good, safe places to camp along the way, preferably on National Forest land. I bring tidings of cold Texas beer and kolaches in exchange for sleeping/parking arrangements in someones yard or if someone wants to meet up :)

The route goes through Pueblo CO and Colorado Springs CO and I am looking for an overnight stop in CO Springs area. There is a potential I will be headed to Telluride as well if some work stuff comes up and I am out earlier

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

Cheyenne mountain state park is sweet if you want to camp/mountain bike/hike.

Old stage Road has some good wheeling and you can camp pretty much anywhere you want to get into- it's all gov't forest.

Check your route though.... are you going to Telluride before or after Springs? It's far out of the way but totally worth it.

You're also welcome to stay in the driveway if you have a RTT. I live near the Broadmoor hotel if that's something you're interested in also

Get the ioverlander app

Cheyenne mountain state park is sweet if you want to camp/mountain bike/hike.

Old stage Road has some good wheeling and you can camp pretty much anywhere you want to get into- it's all gov't forest.

Check your route though.... are you going to Telluride before or after Springs? It's far out of the way but totally worth it.

You're also welcome to stay in the driveway if you have a RTT. I live near the Broadmoor hotel if that's something you're interested in also

Everything AND the kitchen sink is with me. I live out of my truck and work for the National Park Service seasonally so I am always moving, like a nomad :)

I am currently working out my job seperation so depending on a number of factors, I could be cut from my winter wildland fuels/prescribed fire job early in Texas. If I get cut early enough I am going to Telluride.

I may take you up on the front yard spot, I find out my schedule a bit more tomorrow and will get back to you. I will also research those spots you posted. Thank you!

IMG_20171102_231938_693.jpg

There is lots of open camping in Pike National Forest very close to Colorado Springs. If you want to get a bit more out there and go a little west on rt 24, we love camping off of wagon tongue gulch road near 11-mile canyon state park.

If you go thru Raton NM on the way to Amarillo, Sugarite Canyon State Park just out of Raton on hwy 72 has nice campgrounds.

Reactions: SAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom