Ride Height Sensor and Headlights 2014 GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just replaced the air ride suspension on a 2014 GX460 Luxury as part of my suspension upgrade. I removed all the air lines from the compressor, but left the compressor and the ride height sensors. In order to get the headlights back to the same level that they were pre-upgrade, I added washers to each side between the frame and the ride height sensor. This was not enough change to get back to stock so I also had to extend the turnbuckles on the ride height sensor to the maximum extension. After all that, the headlight height is back to the original level with some small adjustments on the headlights.

One thing that I noticed was that the air compressor comes on for 30 seconds when I start the car and then turns off. I am not getting any dash lights or indication that the level is changing on the dash.

1) Is this normal? Does the compressor always come on when the car is started or am I eventually going to burn out the compressor?

2) If this is not normal, should I just remove the AIR SUS 50A fuse and the AIR SUS #2 fuse? What is the best way to remove the 50A fuse as it is integrated into a three fuse box. Just take off the cover and rip out the section with pliers or just clip the fuse wire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom