RHD Speedo Cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Evening all,
Well, I'm now the owner of a, new to me, 82' FJ45 Troopy. :cigar:
Now I need to pass inspection with a broken speedometer cable..... ❌
So, I've used a tape measure and guestimated I need at least 96" of cable. SOR doesn't carry anything that long, and I can't find anything on the forums that lets me know exactly how long of a speedo cable I need.
1) Does anyone know what size I need? (Without having to fish the whole damned thing out.)
2) Any suggested places to find or make said cable?

Page 2.
A while back I saw a post of a guy that had piles of used clusters for sale. As my troopy is in kph, I'd like to purchase a Gen 4 US cluster to replace the one I have. Of course now, I can't find the post.
3) Anyone have a used US cluster they want to part with, or know who to contact?

Cheers,
Argyfoe

Troopy Pic Med.jpg

Evening all,
Well, I'm now the owner of a, new to me, 82' FJ45 Troopy. :cigar:
Now I need to pass inspection with a broken speedometer cable..... ❌
So, I've used a tape measure and guestimated I need at least 96" of cable. SOR doesn't carry anything that long, and I can't find anything on the forums that lets me know exactly how long of a speedo cable I need.
1) Does anyone know what size I need? (Without having to fish the whole damned thing out.)
2) Any suggested places to find or make said cable?

Page 2.
A while back I saw a post of a guy that had piles of used clusters for sale. As my troopy is in kph, I'd like to purchase a Gen 4 US cluster to replace the one I have. Of course now, I can't find the post.
3) Anyone have a used US cluster they want to part with, or know who to contact?

Cheers,
Argyfoe

View attachment 2349531

- is your Troopy 24V volts cluster or 12V volts ? for cluster meter

- Please PM me , i may just have your oem Toyota genuine parts speedometer cable parts solution ?

- if you have a 12v Volts cluster , then Contact fellow member and SUPPORTING VENDOR @kevos37 , he specializes in clusters , especially USA Spec. Gen 4 ones

thanks matt

Last edited:
Search part number 83710-59055. Show plenty of buying options. Looks like the cable is 2450MM long.

- is your Troopy 24V volts cluster or 12V volts ? for cluster meter

- Please PM me , i may just have your oem Toyota genuine parts speedometer cable parts solution ?

- if you have a 12v Volts cluster , then Contact fellow member and SUPPORTING VENDOR @kevos37 , he specializes in clusters , especially USA Spec. Gen 4 ones

thanks matt

Good chance this is from Australia. All those including diesel were 12 volt. Maybe later some 24 volt but all 40 series were 12 volt. Guessing not cold enough like Europe and Canada for 24 volt.

Search part number 83710-59055. Show plenty of buying options. Looks like the cable is 2450MM long.

Good chance this is from Australia. All those including diesel were 12 volt. Maybe later some 24 volt but all 40 series were 12 volt. Guessing not cold enough like Europe and Canada for 24 volt.
Aye, my 45 is from Australia originaly. So it's a12V system.
Thank you for the 100" cable part number.
I'll contact about the cluster in the morning.

Cheers,
Argyfoe

thanks John ..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom