Reviving an original Blackfoot

Discussion in 'Radio Controlled' started by The Bumble, Sep 11, 2017.

1. The Bumble

The Bumble

Hello! I'm in the process of getting my 30 year old Blackfoot up and running again. I've been doing some research and am thinking about going with the HK-GT2B radio/receiver combo and the Quicrun 1060 ESC. I will also clean up the gear box and regrease it. From what I can remember, it ran great when I parked it (a long time ago!). So far, I'm in the process of cleaning it up, new tires, and getting a fresh coat of paint on the thoroughly beat up body. I'll also need a new battery and charger. Do you guys have any suggestions or helpful hints on getting such an old r/c back on the road? Any suggestions on the radio or esc? I'm going to guess that the motor is ok, but if it's not, I would like to stick with something similar (nothing ridiculous). Thanks in advance for the help! I'm excited to get this up and running again!!

Jody

2. The Bumble

The Bumble

Took some time, but my original Blackfoot "restoration" is complete. I was happy to see that 13 year old me did some nice upgrades to the old Blackfoot (full interior cage and Thorp differential/dogbones). I ordered a sticker set, but used some of ARB/OME decals that I had. I kept the original, beat up body and painted it. I also put in a new motor, esc, and receiver. It's fun to mess around with and my 6 year old loves it!
    :beer:

0.jpg

stevezero, jynx, Crusha and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.