Reviving an original Blackfoot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! I'm in the process of getting my 30 year old Blackfoot up and running again. I've been doing some research and am thinking about going with the HK-GT2B radio/receiver combo and the Quicrun 1060 ESC. I will also clean up the gear box and regrease it. From what I can remember, it ran great when I parked it (a long time ago!). So far, I'm in the process of cleaning it up, new tires, and getting a fresh coat of paint on the thoroughly beat up body. I'll also need a new battery and charger. Do you guys have any suggestions or helpful hints on getting such an old r/c back on the road? Any suggestions on the radio or esc? I'm going to guess that the motor is ok, but if it's not, I would like to stick with something similar (nothing ridiculous). Thanks in advance for the help! I'm excited to get this up and running again!!

Jody

Took some time, but my original Blackfoot "restoration" is complete. I was happy to see that 13 year old me did some nice upgrades to the old Blackfoot (full interior cage and Thorp differential/dogbones). I ordered a sticker set, but used some ARB/OME decals that I had. I kept the original, beat up body and painted it. I also put in a new motor, esc, and receiver. It's fun to mess around with and my 6 year old loves it!
:beer:

0.jpg

Last edited:
I'll drag this up to say NICE! Hope you're still around to see the props for your rig.
I've got one, also. Still runs. I worked at a hobby shop, so it was built with pretty much everything that could be done to it. A couple Thorp goodies in mine, too- good call there. I've still got the original Futaba Magnum Junior radios from the day with a Futaba ESC pushing the power.
After my son and I played with it a little, he got a new re-release of that classic and got to experience putting it together from scratch. Good times! And now we have 2 classic BlackFoot's! Is that BlackFeet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom