Retinting front windows and will have extra Viper Ceramic 30% (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of re-tinting my front, two windows. I believe my LC had this on it when I transferred it from Indianapolis because whatever I had matched. When the sheriff's department in KY inspected my LC they told me that my tint on the front two windows was below the 30% limit (29.7 or something) so I had to cut it off with a razor blade.

My wife tried to take it to a local tint shop but they put smoked tint on it and I haven't been happy with it since. I have located a shop that can order Viper Ceramic 30% tint but I'll have to buy the roll which means I will have extra.

I looked at a similar post back in 2012 and I plan on selling the extra. I'm not a vendor and I don't work for a tint shop but I will have extra tint so I plan on cutting the 40" roll every 42" like the previous LC owner. It would be $60 for a 40"X42" sheet or $100 for two (no inflation since 2012). I plan on using Wal-Mart poster tubes to ship and shipping is included in the price listed above (free shipping). PayPal or cash are the only two methods of payment. If your interested please post and I'll go down the list, "first come and paid" first served.

Remember I am not a professional so the tint will be hand cut every 42" with a pair of scissors so it may not be exactly 90 degree cuts. Also recommend you don't let the shop that you plan on using cut the tint with their plotter. I remember a post where the plotter cut the tint short, so if you need more you'll need to go back on the list.

There was a recent selling of tint by DannyNoonan. I was the one that had the tint cut on the plotter and messed up my sheet.

Also, tell the installer to really squeegee the film. I have some lingering water or air bubbles that aren't going away on mine. The other LX I had done didn't bubble up as bad because the installer worked it a little more.

There was a recent selling of tint by DannyNoonan. I was the one that had the tint cut on the plotter and messed up my sheet.

Also, tell the installer to really squeegee the film. I have some lingering water or air bubbles that aren't going away on mine. The other LX I had done didn't bubble up as bad because the installer worked it a little more.

You wouldn't happen to have some pictures of the two showing the differences would you?

The bubbles don't show up on camera. I'm still hopeful it will dry out, even though it's been 1-2 months.

We haven't had a lot of hot or sunny days yet in Texas, so may just take a long time. Either way, it's staying on at least for summer.

Put me on the list. I will PM you my Paypal account. I bought film from DannyNoonan (thanks Danny!), but I anticipate buying another hundy at some point and want extra on hand. The film I bought from Danny worked great, and the bubbles went away in a few weeks.

Thanks Scotty for providing this service.

I'd be in

@ScottyD Hey thanks for the post and offer! I was going to say "I'm in" but I thought I should call my local shop to see what they would charge to install and they had some... I posted in here

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/wh...series-this-week.609679/page-244#post-9764892

But wanted to say "Thanks!!" or I would have never called the guy... Said they had just found some cleaning up it was his premium stuff, 10 year warranty did for 75$ cash in like 30 mins... Not sure it was viper but the match was really close...

tint.jpg

Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop so you didn't think I posted and fell off the map. Waiting on the tint, it was ordered last week and should be here soon, as soon as I have it in hand I'll post my paypal. Didn't want anyone paying and then getting impatient about delivery. Just want everyone to be happy with their purchase.

Just had mine tinted, looks a hell of a lot better than the smoke tint. Now I have the roll in the back of the truck and ready for anyone who wants to tint their windows. My PayPal is william_scott_davis@yahoo.com

Sending payment off this morning - thanks !

Received Payment from dog and badwayz, tint will be on the way. RS6tofj80 didn't see anything so if you send money you might want to check who you sent it to.

I took some pictures this morning so I plan on posting after I get home from work so you can see my tint job. Other than color of my LC it pretty much looks very similar to Supra88. I tried to keep the sun out of the pictures.

so this tint paper you selling matches the factory tint on all rear windows almost perfectly ? so If I was to put this on the 2 front windows on a 03 it they will match almost perfectly ? Thanks for answering in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom