replacing O2 sencers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to replace my 02 sencers, But I have not cats now and not getting codes only 401 from time to time my sencers have 200k on them

Im thinking replacing them will get me code.
But will a new front 02 and a dummy rear to fool the computer I have cats. work if so what type of dummy rear.
Or do you need both to run right?

Or should I just go with 2 new? My problem is I have to carry all my parts from the USA to cambodia so I need to get it right the 1st time.

I have what smells like its running rich at idle the bad cat stink is gone now with out cats.
14.8 MPG now runs good. Maybe a low rpm stumble somtimes 1800 cant tell for sure. May just be the road bumps.

What do you all think?

Brian

IMO based on your previous thread of no codes .. removed cats and everything is fine... but then oh wait I am throwing a 401.... Just saying unless you fully thought out removing the cats and now are wondering about your O2 sensors.. just doesnt make sense to me. Sorry if im being a dick or mis-understood.

IMO based on your previous thread of no codes .. removed cats and everything is fine... but then oh wait I am throwing a 401.... Just saying unless you fully thought out removing the cats and now are wondering about your O2 sensors.. just doesnt make sense to me. Sorry if im being a dick or mis-understood.

No cat codes if you read a few month back I asked about 401. I all ways had the 401 come and go EGR not sufficent nothing to do with the Cats, Just got it after I posted. But the code 420? I had before I dont get now. I dont care about the 401. I will replace the EGR valve unless I can remove it a fool the computer not to give 401.

I just looking to stop the llittle burning rich smell at idle I had before I removed the cats. Just stoped the cat smell. It is running better now with out cats it probley is just fine I should just do nothing but drive it.

Last tank of fuel on the drive home 15.5 mpg. 310 miles one tank.

I was just thinking not having cats if there is any more I can do?

I would like to see 17 MPG.

What does the little muffler on the end of the tail pipe do? Removing it add lots of noise?
Less back psi?

Just getting a list of parts to bring back with me from the states.

Im happy with it now and the sound is like a V8 if you hear it from the out side. And a full throttle 4000 + rpm sounds like it had a turbo.:steer:

Brian
Cambodia Now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom