Replacing LX570 door handles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First off, let me apologize. I really am the guy that searches and searches and reads and reads to find answers in forums so that I’m not asking newbie questions.

I have spent hours trying to crack this nut but can’t seem to find a clear direction/answer.

I’ve seen mentions of people that have replaced the LX chrome door handles with LC black ones, but I can’t confirm exactly what part was used. The only part number I’ve come across in my searching (69210-60100) doesn’t seem to have the door lock button, or at least I can’t confirm that it does. There are other mentions of using a LC VIN to order the handles but I still can’t confirm if those get you handles with the lock button, or even where you’d get a VIN to order them

So I’m asking outright: has anyone done this and can you point me to some specific parts?

I’m trying to replace the exterior chrome door handles on my 2010 LX with black ones and still maintain the lock button functionality. Possible?

Thank you!

I am too in search of doing the same
I've gotten as far as looking at the parts on one of the discounted parts site.
But I feel like it needs more than just the handle and the corresponding cap

I'm not a 100% sure on this but this might help.

This should be the black handle
6921060100C0

I think you will need the caps too.
Front 6921760120C0 RH 6921860030C0 LH
Rear 6922760060C0 RH 6922860030C0 LH

Toyota paint codes
A0 Super WHITE 2
B0 SILVER MEDIUM
C0 Black
D0 DARK. RED
E0 BEIGE
G1 GREEN
J0 GRAYISH BLUE MEDIUM

Most people wrap them in vinyl do to cost.

I'm not a 100% sure on this but this might help.

This should be the black handle
6921060100C0

I think you will need the caps too.
Front 6921760120C0 RH 6921860030C0 LH
Rear 6922760060C0 RH 6922860030C0 LH

Toyota paint codes
A0 Super WHITE 2
B0 SILVER MEDIUM
C0 Black
D0 DARK. RED
E0 BEIGE
G1 GREEN
J0 GRAYISH BLUE MEDIUM

Most people wrap them in vinyl do to cost.

Yeah it's not looking like an inexpensive solution. something like $800 4 doors and you gotta take door panels off and mess with that

Yeah it's not looking like an inexpensive solution. something like $800 4 doors and you gotta take door panels off and mess with that
That whole locking assembly on the rear doors is a PIA to work with. It took me forever and the help of some kind mud members to figure out how to even access the rear assembly. If you do go this route, you DO NOT have to follow all the steps in the FSM and disassemble the entire door to include the window and frame to access and repair the rear handles. Its about an hour job per side if you do end up doing it. PM me if you need specifics.

That whole locking assembly on the rear doors is a PIA to work with. It took me forever and the help of some kind mud members to figure out how to even access the rear assembly. If you do go this route, you DO NOT have to follow all the steps in the FSM and disassemble the entire door to include the window and frame to access and repair the rear handles. Its about an hour job per side if you do end up doing it. PM me if you need specifics.

Thanks for the offer to help. I think I'll explore the vinyl wrap scenario first. Not sure it's the best bang for the buck for me personally to spend $800 on door handles. But I really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom