Replacing ARB Rear Swingout with a Cover Panel (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ClassyJalopy

Congenitally insane nor irretrievably stupid...
SILVER Star
Threads
Since I do not need to have two spare tires, I would like to remove the right hand side swing out and replace it with cover panel to make it easier to open the rear hatch.
Looks like the part number I need is: RHS BLANK COVER PANEL, BLACK 5700232.

Unfortunately I can't find any install guide or instructions any where to help me understand if I would need to take the whole bumper off for this? Are there any shortcuts or useful tips you guys could share?

20210802_055924.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You could try call your local ARB with the part # as they have access to fitting instructions and could email them through to you if you're still stuck

I actually have two , Jerry can swings never installed

I am currently running the Blanks, I would be possibly interested in your tire swing.
I can dig up the rear bar instructions next week , for whatever reason it says you should fit the bar first in the Jerry can instructions.

I am pulling my rear bumper next month, going to get it repowdercoated. Add the swing outs, the powder coat was a disappointment.

image.jpg

Since I do not need to have two spare tires, I would like to remove the right hand side swing out and replace it with cover panel to make it easier to open the rear hatch.
Looks like the part number I need is: RHS BLANK COVER PANEL, BLACK 5700232.

Unfortunately I can't find any install guide or instructions any where to help me understand if I would need to take the whole bumper off for this? Are there any shortcuts or useful tips you guys could share?

Finally, anyone wants my right hand swing out? I will include the Hi-Lift jack mount.

View attachment 2751666

Cannot help with personal experience but I see that the attached installation instructions state at Page 8 -- Item 15:

“If cover panels are to be fitted, they must be fitted to the bar before it is fitted to the vehicle”.

See Post #1 through to Post#5 by @CappyKD at the thread below – he may be able to offer more wisdom about an on-vehicle workaround. See also the comments at Post #6 same thread by @cruiseroutfit :

Attachments

• ARB Rear Bar Instructions 5613210.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Cannot help with personal experience but I see that the attached installation instructions state at Page 8 -- Item 15:

“If cover panels are to be fitted, they must be fitted to the bar before it is fitted to the vehicle”.

See Post #1 through to Post#5 by @CappyKD at the thread below – he may be able to offer more wisdom about an on-vehicle workaround. See also the comments at Post #6 same thread by @cruiseroutfit :

This is incredible, the thread you linked is about this same truck that I ended up buying earlier this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom