replacement window tint? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for some wisdom here on windows. I have a problem with my rear passenger side window dropping out of the rail because over time the window slides in the sleeve -- apparently this is a common problem and I know what needs to happen to fix it, and i'm ordering a replacement window in case i break the existing one trying to realign it.

Question is, when you order replacement OEM windows from parts.toyota.com, would they come tinted for US spec, or would i be getting an untinted window and then have to match the tint myself, assuming i do break the one i have trying to realign it....

Thx everyone...

Why don't you ring them and ask about the tint. Would that not be an obvious answer ??

Why don't you ring them and ask about the tint. Would that not be an obvious answer ??
yes... i can ring the parts dept... i was just confused because the window doesn't indicate it's tinted so I thought maybe there was a code or something... but yes i'll ask you're right...

I wouldn't bother ordering a new window in case you break the other one - just don't get heavy-handed with the realignment. I had the same problem and used a hammer with a 3/8" socket extension. I just tapped it until it realigned and barely crimped the end.

I wouldn't bother ordering a new window in case you break the other one - just don't get heavy-handed with the realignment. I had the same problem and used a hammer with a 3/8" socket extension. I just tapped it until it realigned and barely crimped the end.

my mechanic wants me to have a window on hand but i agree w you. Did you remove it entirely from the door or do it through the access hole in the door? Did you use some kind of lubricant or was the gentle tapping enough? I tried moving it while in the door and didn't have any luck (yet)

my mechanic wants me to have a window on hand but i agree w you. Did you remove it entirely from the door or do it through the access hole in the door? Did you use some kind of lubricant or was the gentle tapping enough? I tried moving it while in the door and didn't have any luck (yet)

I pulled the plastic off the door and lowered the window to a point that I could get a good angle on the metal lip. Gentle tapping was enough. It is on well enough that you won't be able to fix it by just moving it around by hand. Also, don't hit in a downward direction, you don't want the metal strip to come off the window.

I estimate there is about a 97% change of me doing it wrong and breaking the window... but we'll see...

it's about an inch out of the metal sleeve part of the articulating arm.... I'll give it a shot...

Something I dont understand: i believe the window itself and the rubber holding it inside the metal sleeve has shifted away from the hinge, toward the door handle... so if the idea is to tap them back into alignment by tapping the metal sleeve, then I'd have to remove it all from the door because the place where the sleeve sticks 'out' is on the motor side, not the side with the access hole. so how do you do it from the access hole?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom