Replacement Climate Control Buttons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it possible to replace the button faces on the climate control panel? Prior owner seems to have worn out the off, low fan speed buttons, scratching through the black button and exposing the white plastic underneath. If not possible, I see complete climate control panel units for sale on eBay, a common listing has the unit fitting 1991-1996 LC models, I have a 1997, was there something special or different for the 97 model year? I don’t have auto climate control, will 1991-1996 Non- auto be a direct replacement?

Yes, you sure can. Your local dealer can get them for sure, we’ve got a handful, but not all of them.

Correct. I replaced all mine a few years back.

I have a similar problem, anyone know part numbers for the individual buttons? I took a quick look on McGeorge Toyota's site and only see the entire control panel for sale (55900-60120 for $637!)

I have a similar problem, anyone know part numbers for the individual buttons? I took a quick look on McGeorge Toyota's site and only see the entire control panel for sale (55900-60120 for $637!)

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 7.56.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 7.56.17 PM.png

FWIW, PartSouq is a great part number reference, even if you don't order from them (did I say that out load?)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the button comes with the light or is that a separate item?

The light is part of the unit, not the button. There are back light bulbs that can be replaced but the green indicators lights are part of the unit.

I will be looking at the button replacement as well. Here is a GREAT tear-down video I found.

Sorry for dumb question. If you need to replace any of the buttons on the AC Control Module, the Module has to come out of the dash panel correct?

the Module has to come out of the dash panel correct?

No. I did most of mine with my dash fully assembled. I believe I popped each one off with a small flat blade screwdriver inserted into the slot/cutout on the bottom. Pushing them back on was a bit finicky, but you'll work out the technique.

Sorry for dumb question. If you need to replace any of the buttons on the AC Control Module, the Module has to come out of the dash panel correct?
You probably can as mentioned below. I have to do the light and solder them in and change the color. I will take it out, but I need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom