Replacement a343f suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys.

So. On my 1995 KZJ78 I recently replaced my transmission and transfer case with a newer donor a343f and split transfer case. Turns out these ones are a dud! I did a full flush from the cooler hose and the colour of the transmission oil was a beautiful copper metallic flake paint. So I did the full flush and drove it about 1k km. Drained the oil pan and it's just as bad.

Symptoms are a rumble at 95 to 105 kmh that gets worse when it's been hot, over a pass etc. If I shift into neutral going down a hill etc it really starts to rumble badly. And of course brass or copper metsl in the pan and oil after very short oil change intervals.

So, I need a new box and t case. But I would prefer to not do this again, so wondering where I can find either a reman or rebuilt a343f. I have a transfer case rebuild kit and two transfer cases so that's not as important.

Thanks, looks like she's spending another winter on blocks.

I hope you got your money back for the dud.
You can try the classifieds / wanted section.
Ah, I wish. It was a Kijiji add truck being parted. So unfortunately probably won't get my money back. I'll check out the classifieds and wanted. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom