Replace LC stereo w/Lexus unit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a search but couldn't find the answer to what I was looking for...

I would like to upgrade/replace my stock single-CD unit in my '99 LC with a 6-CD unit with the RDS technology (shows the FM broadcast info). I see where many are going with after-market units...

My question is: will a unit out of a Lexus LX-470 fit and work?

I don't want to spend a bunch of money (under $150 bucks maybe?) and don't need more power or want to replace speakers, etc.

Thanks.

I'm assuming you're talking Lexus without navigation system and / or Mark Levinson stereo (not sure how many years back one or both of those apply). If so, than I guess I'd be surprised if the radios didn't use the same wiring harness and would therefore most likely be compatible. I think your budget might be a problem though - even from a junk yard, I have a hunch you're going to need to pay more than $150 for a working radio unit. For that kind of money, an aftermarket radio with an appropriate wiring harness is likely to be less expensive.

Last edited:
I would say it will not plug right in. In the 80 series the LC and LX have different wiring harnesses and I would say they do in the 100 series also. I would also think it would be more than $150.

Unit wil not fit without a new radio/ac bezel as well

For the old style 2001 LX I don't think it will physically fit in the dash. Depth and height are not a problem, but the face of the radio is not a double din face, its wider. Worse yet, the radio face curves out (forward) at the top to fit the curves of the lx 470 dash bezel. Also the lx470 dash bezel integrates the climate controls. I believe the controls are different as the LX controls use butons, whereas the Landcruiser has knobs. Might work. I think the LX 470 bezel would fit the console hole, but then the wood would not match. Finally the bezel itself would be at least 100 on ebay.

You have a nice double din opening, I would use one of the many radios that fit, or a single din with a pocket. Wish the LX470 had such a nice standard opening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom