Repair of Stratolite and Grote Reflectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought some new reflectors to hide a couple of, ummmm, flaws on Slow's behind and was trying to figure out how to give them a little patina. As it turns out, the lense of the new reflector fits in the old stratolites and grotes (grote makes the new one too).

Pop the old reflector apart. Chances are the lense is broken so tap the back plate off from the front. Destroy new reflector to get the lense out. Put new lense into old reflector and tap the back plate back in place. I left the new gaskt out so the back plate would go back in flush...for the sleek look.
P3010017.JPG
P3010018.JPG
P3010019.JPG

Wow, that looks real nice :)

Thanks for the picts, I'll need to do the same if I can't find originals, but we need to see them mounted to know for sure ;)

Last edited:
Good information Phil. I got a few of these laying around with cracked or sun faded lenses. Just glad I didn't throw them out like I did all my old FJ25 wheels with bad paint:rolleyes: Of course they don't up as much room.

John

Yep, cheating...next thing you know they'll be making new 25 bodies and T-birds...this is supposed to be difficult, Igge!

Yep, cheating...next thing you know they'll be making new 25 bodies and T-birds...this is supposed to be difficult, Igge!

i figure everything else is difficult enough...may as well have one thing go easy;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom