Removing upper outside windshield molding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to repair rust around the outside of my windshield, previous owner did god knows what with some sort of caulk/adhesive. I want to remove the upper moulding so I can prep the surface better and also check for more rust. Can this just be pulled/cut out? I feels like it just pulls out but I just want to confirm I wont do some damage to my windshield/seals. Also I'm assuming I'll need a new trim piece afterwards

Repair manual shows this
1599952790568.png

As the manual says. The material is a bit pliable so as long as your remove the adhesive, you can remove it.

Warning though, once you bend it, it won't spring back. If you want to reuse the piece, keep the original shape intact.

As the manual says. The material is a bit pliable so as long as your remove the adhesive, you can remove it.

Warning though, once you bend it, it won't spring back. If you want to reuse the piece, keep the original shape intact.
so the material is salvageable? manual says cut with a knife so i was assuming it gets destroyed in the process

This is for the very top horizontal piece, seen a video of removal of the side trim but not the top

Yes, it wraps up past the windshield and along the rain gutter above the door, then overlaps the next piece. Sealant is also used in parts, so try and cut there first.

If I were you, I'd try to remove it for reuse. If not, they aren't outrageously expensive from Mr. T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom