remove clutch pedal support? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jblueridge

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone ever remove the clutch pedal support ass'y without dismantling most of the vehicle. Looking up under the dash I can just barely see one of the bolts indicated by an arrow in the picture below. Seems like there is a lot of stuff in the way.
upload_2017-9-15_16-43-41.png

Takes about 45 minto take the complete dash out, they are pretty easy to work on.

Okay. Thanks!
I want to weld some gussets and generally strengthen that bracket so it won't flex and creak when pedal is depressed.

i had the creak on my clutch pedal and the fix came with taking the pedal out and greasing (put copper grease) the bolt and bushings.
it was not from the bolt that connects to the clutch master actuator, but the bolt 31324, the one shown in your pic.

if thats the case for you too, its a 5 min fix.

Okay. Thanks!
I want to weld some gussets and generally strengthen that bracket so it won't flex and creak when pedal is depressed.

Did you replace the bushing and shaft after last time you posted about the clutch pedal?

When I had my 73 series I had to play around with that shaft and bushing a few times to stop the creaking.
With the two 75 series I have owned, Ive never had to touch them.

Replaced all the bushings, shaft, pins.
When the pedal is pressed the bracket deforms from the stress.
You can see it flexing and getting longer as it pushes against the firewall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom