Recommended Approach to Touching Up ARB Bull Bar?

Discussion in 'Paint and Body' started by Ruggedly, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Ruggedly

Ruggedly

Hey guys! I just installed on a new ARB Bull Bar the other night and unfortunately, it came a bit damaged (see attached photo). I'm not at all familiar with finish work, but I'm assuming this thing came powder coated. How would you recommend I prep/seal/touch-up this spot? I'm fine with a solution that needs attention every 1-2 years, but not looking for something that fails completely in < 1 year. I also don't need perfection either though. I'm going to be wheeling this thing so it will end up with scars, which is why I didn't bother returning this bumper. That being said, I still want to keep rust at bay.

Lastly, has anyone found a rattle can (or even a paint code I can request a touch-up bottle of) that does a decent job of matching the ARB black? UPDATE: I found an ARB Touch-Up Pen (ARB-33270). Sweet!

Thank you!

David

IMG_0025.JPG

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  2. subzali

subzali

Sand it smooth, touch up with a few coats of black rattle can. Rubbing compound, polish, wax. Good to go. Did mine last year and it looks great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.