Recommendation for Trails next to Vail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks,

My son and I are going to Vail for the weekend. Can anyone recommend scenic trails, I will be in a rented Wrangler.
Thanks in advance

Take road up to Piney River Ranch. It’s beautiful at the top, you can canoe and fish at the lake. And there’s food if you need it. It can get a little busy but there are trails and other roads you can explore. It’s not wheeling - just a rough dirt road.

Take road up to Piney River Ranch. It’s beautiful at the top, you can canoe and fish at the lake. And there’s food if you need it. It can get a little busy but there are trails and other roads you can explore. It’s not wheeling - just a rough dirt road.
Wow, looks amazing.

Shrine Mountain Road and Ptarmigan Pass are always good. Although note that as of last weekend, you could only reach Ptarmigan from Camp Hale. The road that comes up to it from the Vail Pass side (and a bunch of other roads in that area) are still closed because of huge snow drifts and mudslides/erosion.

ETA: A good scenic route might be Shrine Mtn to Red Cliff, then if you want more, head to Camp Hale and do an out-and-back to Ptarmigan Pass. Then back to Vail on the highway (which is still scenic).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom