Rear Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone mounted any kind of winch on the back of their 40? Saw an old military truck that had some kind of weird hookup going under the truck and out the rear! Bizarre, looked crazy dangerous!
This got me thinking about my years with my 1978 fj40. I'm original owner so have good records and realized something interesting about getting stuck... In all these years I've only dug/pulled/come along/ Hi lifted myself BACK out of a situation! Usually sand in the Mojave but some funky Sierra mud too.
I'm getting too old for this! Lol. Some kind of winch on rear???

Sent from my VK810 4G

It's been done, and with as many solutions how as you could count. A search in google images should turn up a lot of ideas.

The easy way is the have a 2" universal receiver on the back bumper and put a winch onto a mount that plugs into the square hole and arrange a way to have 12v back there using heavy enough cable for the winch's amp draw. Everything needed is available. A setup like that only mounts up when needed.

Someone in here talked about putting a square hole receiver front and rear so he could have his winch at whichever end needed it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom