Rear Tire Carrier Fab

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
About a month ago I got most of the parts (spindle, latch, carrier) from IPOR to fab myself a wildyoats/zjz4476 style tire carrier. The problem is I dont have anytime to do it. So the question is do you guys know of any good fab shops that could do for me?

Correct, Eric may do it at Yotamasters.. but it probably won't be cheap. (it wont be cheap anywhere actually)

Im having him build me a custom cargo barrier like Christo's from Slee.. and i'll let you know how much he wants to do it. That should give you a rough idea of his pricing.

They do excellent work though.

I've had Link motorsports Fab a few things for me and have no complaints.

Hey Mike, i thought LINK was out in LA somewhere?

They are in El Segundo right by the Chevron refinery on El Segundo and Sepulveda...1 mile from my office if anyone wants to get lunch : )

They are in El Segundo right by the Chevron refinery on El Segundo and Sepulveda...1 mile from my office if anyone wants to get lunch : )

I went down there a little while ago and talked to the owner. Pretty cool dude. Give me a quote for about 700. Saw the huge cruiser on 37's that they got there, made me wanna walk away with my tail between my legs.

Saw the huge cruiser on 37's that they got there, made me wanna walk away with my tail between my legs.

oh that POS!?!?!?!

I heard it doesn't even run.

shop queen hasn't seen a trail in years!

got some buggerred, half-assed lift.

overheats.

no front bumper.

no rear bumper.

playboy owner probably isn't even IN CA!

:flipoff2:

feel the luv

OUCH................. Just wait all of you.............. It's easy to pick a fight with the pacific between us...............The rig will be back with a fury.... All this time on an island with an idle mind has got me planning my return........ Just wait.......

Mike..... I'm not around to show you how to wheel these days and this is what happens...........
Big-Bear---Oct-2006-020.jpg
Big-Bear---Oct-2006-018.jpg

OMG, AMMO were you paged or something when Mike started talking about you? Thats was a Hella fast response!

Yes my red light started to flash here in my home office, next thing i knew the red phone rang.

Let this be a lesson to all.

Mike loves to stir the pot... he sent me the link... didn't tell me it was his own evil doings tho...

-Matt

On the serious tip,

The heck with my rig, if your over at the shop and want to see the quality of work they do you should be looking at this............

I think they can handle a bumper. Full tube taco, tundra V8, 4 link rear, center mount front, coilovers and bypass at 4 corners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bSEfHbV1Ak
5_28_05001.jpg
l_eafde824367b97b5355b337dfaadef9d.jpg

Last edited:
Do you wheel in Hawaii, Ammo? I'm moving back this summer and I'm taking the cruiser.

Ammo,

I will be sailing to Hawaii from Long beach this summer are you still going to be there?

Best

Ian

MTA,

Thats my 80 that you saw at Link... The question I've been dealing with is to ship it or keep it on the mainland. The super ferry is on it's way this summer, so that might make offroading more or a reality, as i live on Oahu. If i can jump the ferry over to BI, Kauai or Moloka'i I might have to ship her over.

Ian,

I should be here, I'll be back in LA the end of this month maybe we can all meet up...

-Matt

MTA,

Thats my 80 that you saw at Link... The question I've been dealing with is to ship it or keep it on the mainland. The super ferry is on it's way this summer, so that might make offroading more or a reality, as i live on Oahu. If i can jump the ferry over to BI, Kauai or Moloka'i I might have to ship her over.

-Matt

All my friends are excited but this super ferry. My auntie said she use to take it back in the day and rider around Maui on her harley. And yes might as well ship the cruiser. I dont want to be the only built 80 on da rock.

All my friends are excited but this super ferry. My auntie said she use to take it back in the day and rider around Maui on her harley. And yes might as well ship the cruiser. I dont want to be the only built 80 on da rock.

I might just do that... Will you be on Oahu? There is another built 80 here i see from time to time, but as you know not many trails on this island unless you know the ranchers... Maybe we can meet up when I'm back the end of the monthy. I should be staying in El Segundo with the owners of Link, two of my best friends.

-Matt

Yea I'm gonna be in kalama valley and try www.4x4boyz.com they always seem to be doing something. See you in the SB

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom