rear storage drawer system in gx470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anybody build a rear drawer system for their gx470? if you have, could you post a picture of it? i am planning to build one in mine and would like some ideas.

thanks,
Jammer.

I didn’t want to buy a commercial unit (too damn expensive) so, with the help of a buddy, designed and built my own. It’s still a ‘work in progress’ because I haven’t finished the drawers, but essentially it’s a steel frame that bolts into the ‘D’ ring mounts in the rear cargo space. A Toyota dog guard goes in front and is an integral part of it.

DSC_0668.jpg

DSC_0671.jpg

P1000613.jpg

P1000679.jpg

Sorry about the pic quality …

So what you have is a slider with a Waeco on it at bottom left, above that a drawer with tea / coffee / Flash gas cooker, etc., then the other 2 large containers are dry-good groceries and canned stuff, and kitchen (pots, crockery, dish wash, etc. etc.).

Above the lot is a wide shelf to store recovery gear, clothing bags, chairs etc.

The sides now have a thin ply-wood cladding so I can shove seldom-used stuff, e.g. tools, shovel, etc. down there and it won’t fall into the packing system itself.

This is only Mk 1, will be modded over time

Let me know if you want plans (Google Sketchup) or more pics …

Basic sketchup view:

base2.jpg

and another view

DSC00183.jpg

cheers

Gary

is the fridge slider built in or are you using the after market engel/arb slider?
did you just build the frame around the slider unit?
whats the thickness of the steel your using?

that is so killer!

x2...sweeeet 120 series rig!!

I have a sketchup for a 5th gen pull out drawer(s) with a hidden holding area in the front....for say, those items that you'd like to keep "uindercover".....

20mm box steel used for the frame. The fridge slide is a South African generic slide, slightly wider than the Waeco one but shorter too. The frame was built using the fridge as the focus, with room for the leisure battery behind the fridge.

Time to start thinking about the mk. II system I think - probably more in line with the Black Widow touring system!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom