Rear Hatch Rust Prevention (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been slowly working through removing rust spots that are popping up. Mostly on the frame and undercarriage but also elsewhere. The rear hatch seems to be getting water from somewhere. I know on the 100s there was a problem with tubes getting clogged. Do these tubes exist on a 200? Where would one find said tubes? Here are some pics of where I'm concerned. It's not coming in the vehicle or causing any problems at the moment. I just hate looking at it. I'm going to replace the hardware with stainless and the metal parts/pieces that can't be cleaned up. Thoughts?

IMG_20180313_150150.jpg

IMG_20180313_150038.jpg

IMG_20180313_150141.jpg

I've been slowly working through removing rust spots that are popping up. Mostly on the frame and undercarriage but also elsewhere. The rear hatch seems to be getting water from somewhere. I know on the 100s there was a problem with tubes getting clogged. Do these tubes exist on a 200? Where would one find said tubes? Here are some pics of where I'm concerned. It's not coming in the vehicle or causing any problems at the moment. I just hate looking at it. I'm going to replace the hardware with stainless and the metal parts/pieces that can't be cleaned up. Thoughts?

View attachment 1653165

View attachment 1653166

View attachment 1653167

Remove, sand and spray them with Rustoleum rattle can.

Last edited:
Looks like normal exposed hardware rusty crusty. Repaint / replace and keep them oiled up with a thin layer of fluid film during the winter months.

Money well spent. Cut that cancer out before it spreads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom