Rear Dome Light Comes On on LR Door, Not RR Door.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Having this issue on my 99LC, driver front door. I replaced the switch new switch did not work. I tried new switch in other doors switch is fine. I tried switches from other doors in front door, did not turn on dome lights and did not turn off automatic headlights. I opened up the side panel and checked the wire, but did not find a splice in the kick plate. I did find a patch in the wire were someone, maybe the entertainment installers or the alarm installers may have attached a wire. But i didn't find a wire attached, so i cut the door wire and soldered it back together, then i took some sand paper and cleaned the metal part of the switch that contacts the body of the truck. Still no luck.

IMG_1216 resize.jpg

IMG_1220 wire fix.jpg

IMG_1219 switch cleaned.jpg

I have a couple of switches on their way, just good second hand units. My is RR door failed to operate the lights (all three), tried cleaning to no avail, then found the wiring behind the rearmost side panel, unclipped it and found OE splice gone bad, cleaned it up with no change so it is definitely the switch. This issue with splices going bad though after many years is going to be a future problem for everyone who wishes to keep and maintain these ageing beasts.

We need a 'where is the splice for the 'X' component' thread.

regards

Dave

I have a couple of switches on their way, just good second hand units. My is RR door failed to operate the lights (all three), tried cleaning to no avail, then found the wiring behind the rearmost side panel, unclipped it and found OE splice gone bad, cleaned it up with no change so it is definitely the switch. This issue with splices going bad though after many years is going to be a future problem for everyone who wishes to keep and maintain these ageing beasts.

regards

Dave
Where is the Splice would be a good one. As I said i never found the splice on the driver side. Maybe I'll have to investigate further.

regards

Dave
Where is the Splice would be a good one. As I said i never found the splice on the driver side. Maybe I'll have to investigate further.

regards

Dave

regards

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom