Rear coil conversion: Added height from OEM spring isolators and trim spacers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It’s time to ditch my factory airbags and I’m trying to determine the coil setup I should use. I’m getting OME 895’s to match my 885’s in the front, however I could use some help determining if I should get one of these ARB trim spacers (photo below). Basically, I have some added weight in the rear (JW Tire Carrier with a 285/70 tire, permanent storage box, and fold down table), so I want to make sure my front doesn’t end up being taller than the rear. So my question is, how much extra height would a 10mm trim spacer add? Also, do the OEM Toyota spring locators add extra height apart from the thickness of the pad? I know that coil spacers have a multiplying affect for how much height they add so I’m just trying to determine how much height I’d get from adding these, and if the spacer is necessary. I’m planning on just getting the metal tech conversion kit. I wanted the SSO kit due to the optional spacers but they’re backordered everywhere for a few weeks. Any insight here is greatly appreciated!

819F3374-937B-4E20-9A91-C7EFEA60811E.png
EECFC782-9A2D-4B27-B355-9A0FF29E9E03.jpeg

I am curious as well. I used icon springs in the rear and my front sits higher so I need to find a spacer to get it right. Found a few but not sure which thickness to buy.

I am curious as well. I used icon springs in the rear and my front sits higher so I need to find a spacer to get it right. Found a few but not sure which thickness to buy.
Yeah I can’t find a definite answer. I’m digging through forums, some people say they won’t multiply, so 10mm will be 10mm lift but other people say it causes more. My guess would be a 10mm spacer would create about 12/-13mm or lift but I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom