Rear chevy/waggy springs and inboard q's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rear chevy/waggy/xj springs and inboard q's

Edit: After more searching, xj springs sound like a good option. Anyone else running these.

Im lookin to get a lot more flex in the rear of my 40. The stock 40 springs with the "spring flip" just aint cuttin it. Ive searched, but havent found what im after. Hopin for a writeup if anyone may have a link?? I want to run some long leaves, ive heard possibly chevy or wagoneer springs, and mounting the shackles on the rear crossmember/bumper to make them fit, and possibly inboarding the springs.

Last edited:
Hi All:

I have 60 Series rear springs under my FJ40, they are aboyt 42 inches long, eye to eye.

Bustanutley is running Heap Cherokee XJ rear leaf packs under his rig - don't remember how long they are though. Look for his Upgrayed thread here in the Hardcore section.

Good luck!

Alan

Rigpig- i read that link, good stuff:popcorn: But...i was hopin to come across someone who has them on a 40, and maybe some pics/info/writeup on it. Thanks for the link though, good info:beer:

Josie- i'll search for the xj springs, even though id rather not put any more jeep crap on my rig (flares):D. As for the 60 series springs, 40 springs are actually 1" longer than 60 series. Thanks though:)

Waggy springs will handle more weight and have more flex and will give you 2" more Wheel Base. The chevy 63's seem to be to long for your 40. If you want even more WB use the sring from the rear of a 80's modle 2wd Toyota truck or the rear spring 86-early 90's 4wd 4-runner this would give you 4" front and rear on your wb.

Hi All:

Front 40 Series springs *might* be longer than front 60 Series springs but rear 40 Series leaf springs are definitely shorter than rear 60/62/70 Series springs.

Regards,

Alan

<snip>

As for the 60 series springs, 40 springs are actually 1" longer than 60 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom