Rear brake pad fitment issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is my second rear brake job on my 200 and the last time I had the same issue... Rear pads literally don't fit inside the bracket. Last time I used a little angle grinder to clearance the autozone pads I had grabbed in a pinch, it worked for a last minute pad slap and went about 50k miles. This time ordered a power stop kit with new slotted crossed drilled rotors and their extreme pads. Am I just unlucky, is powerstop just garbage? Seems odd that two different manufacturers 3 years apart have the same fitment problem. What are you guys running for oem size pads should I just buy oem and call it a day? I've been running slotted and cross drilled since I bought the truck (unknown brand as it came with them) and the brake performance was good, didn't want to go full oem in the event that the performance could be worse than what I'm used to. Was a mechanic in my past life with hundreds of brake jobs under my belt and have only experienced this one other time on a suburban with some, you guessed it, AutoZone pads. Thanks in advance, just would rather put good parts in it this time around as I'm here with it taken apart and don't need it back together for another few days yet. I'm not interested in any big brake upgrades etc... This thing is now a 3rd vehicle grocery getter that sits in the garage most of it's life.

I did my rear brakes before the LCDC trip, stop tech slotted rotors and napa premium pads, fit no problem.
before that I went with centric fleet pads and they fit fine as well.

I try to stay away from autozone parts unless there is no other option. I installed a starter a couple years ago and it worked exactly 3 times.
returned it and they were like, yeah its dead. was a 7hr job to replace. total pain in the butt.

Thanks for the info and same here. Did AutoZone last time as time was of the essence and they had parts on the shelf. Thought I did something right this time going with powerstop from Rock Auto but apparently it's the same junk. Going to try to get oem rear pads

Centric is the same as stop tech. Good stuff.

F
Generally, if I'm going with off the shelf I lean towards Napa premium brands.

Solved, Napa stuff fit perfect. Thanks @TexAZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom