Rear AC not blowing cold air (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, this may be a dumb question, but are there two separate AC units? My rear AC isn't blowing cold air, but the front works just fine. Any thoughts as to what may be causing this?

Hey guys, this may be a dumb question, but are there two separate AC units? My rear AC isn't blowing cold air, but the front works just fine. Any thoughts as to what may be causing this?
Check Freon levels. If its low, add some. GL!

Definitely a leak issue. I have a visible leak on my hose that I discovered after adding more freon. Once I add more the rear AC works for a short time until the system leaks out what I added. The front AC still works with the leak but I need to address it at some point. Not looking forward to the cost of the repairs so I’m living with it.

It might not be a leak. Could just be old and a little low on coolant. Some of these 200’s are 13 years old!

Reactions: BVE
Also, what settings do you have on the rear? Turn off auto and run it as cold as you can from the controls. my rear blows hot, but i'm pretty sure its just a sensor.

Low freon. The rear will get warm first, followed by the passenger side.

Take it to Mr. Cool and see what they say. Could just be a small leak which doesn't even need to be fixed (as long as you don't care to take it in every year or two for a recharge).

Definitely a leak issue. I have a visible leak on my hose that I discovered after adding more freon. Once I add more the rear AC works for a short time until the system leaks out what I added. The front AC still works with the leak but I need to address it at some point. Not looking forward to the cost of the repairs so I’m living with it.

It might not be that much to fix, just don't go to a dealer. Take it to a local indy. These trucks surely weren't engineered to be hard to work on (as in, this isn't a Maybach complexity-wise) so I wouldn't see a reason to get hosed at the dealer.

It might not be that much to fix, just don't go to a dealer. Take it to a local indy. These trucks surely weren't engineered to be hard to work on (as in, this isn't a Maybach complexity-wise) so I wouldn't see a reason to get hosed at the dealer.
My mechanic is awesome and trustworthy, I’m just afraid of the labor hours adding up as they’re a little spendy. He actually talked me out of new rotors and pads on all 4 corners a few weeks back because I still have life in them, so I trust him.

You’re right though, next time I’m in I’ll ask him for a quote. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

Like everyone said add freon. It's very simple you can pick up a kit at any auto parts store. I have a 2009 and top off the freon about every 3 seasons. There is a micro leak somewhere but my mechanic is honest as well and told me if its every couple years, it is cheaper to just top it off than chase a tiny leak somewhere, drain the system, fix what ever it is and recharge the entire system again. And with the age there is no guarantee. IF it becomes a thing that needs to be addressed every year or twice a season then it will go on the diagnose and fix list.

Thanks, I had considered it might be freon, but since the front AC has been fine, while the rear blows warm (and this has been going on for a couple years, I just don't use the rear much), I was thinking there might be two separate units. I'll give the freon a try.

Thanks, I had considered it might be freon, but since the front AC has been fine, while the rear blows warm (and this has been going on for a couple years, I just don't use the rear much), I was thinking there might be two separate units. I'll give the freon a try.

According to Lexus service it is one system, it is NOT like a home with an upstairs and downstairs unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom