Real world value of our used series 200 LCs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We are CONSIDERING........selling our beloved 08 Black/beige LC.....A vehicle we bought with 130K on the clock and didn't care knowing we would have it a long time. We still love it and its now at 160K....I replaced the radiator, water pump, tensioner, serpentine belt and hoses at 135K with factory pieces. Also put new Toyota rotors and pads on at 155K.... We are CONSIDERING selling it only to get a bit smaller SUV for my wife to drive full time as I,m getting a Tundra for my business, and to her, its a bit bigger than she would like to drive daily. Her round trip will be 100 a day X 5 to 6 a week...... Our thinking is we should consider getting a bit smaller SUV that gets a bit better mileage....and we really don't want to put another 90 K on the LC over the next three years...

Thinking a Lexus RCF or RXF 350 ( or older 450H )........ When I looked the LC up on KBB, it shows around $21K private party here in Florida.......We owe that so theres no equity if this figure is accurate... I fail to believe a 08 black LC with 160K is only worth $21K private party.......but who am I?

What are these beyond incredible used vehicles truly worth? We all know there isn't a better SUV on the planet......and its not like there are thousands for sale....

Opinions Please.........

If you are doing this for financial reasons, don't, because you won't save money. Sounds like you have done the repairs required to give you another 100k with basically just fuel and oil and normal maintenance like brakes and tires. You won't really recoupe that money you spent on radiator, water pump etc, etc.... Then you will spend a bunch of money on something newer, that gets marginally better gas mileage, and is still in its steep depreciation dive. That fuel savings isn't going to be worth it.

Now, if your wife just doesnt like the LC, and wants a different car to drive, then thats another thing. Life is too short to drive a car you don't like :)

Black on Tan is a good color combo, and if its rust free and in good shape, I would be looking for $25k at the very least.

But I would keep it and drive it for 3 years, then y'all can get exactly what you want that suits your lifestyle.

Edit: And don't think twice about putting 90k on the LC in 3 years, thats what they are made for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom