Reading the results of an Alignment Check (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

love2fly

Flying the Mountains of the NW
Threads
I finally got around to having an all wheel alignment completed on my 1982 FJ45.
The gent that did the alignment check (only a check) told me that all seems good as far as he can see, but could use a bit of tweaking in some areas? o_O
I was mainly interested in the Caster of the truck to know if it needed to be re-shimmed due to re-arcing of the leaf springs but to be honest I am not a well verse alignment person and reading the data sheet from the visit shown, levees me at a bit of a loss in knowing what some of it means as in what I need to do and how from here.
I know he said that the rear thrust angle was out as shown so I not sure if I need to loosen up the rear axle and try to move it left or right to get to track with the front or check the spring hangars or frame for being bent or if it in even necessary to contemplate?
I know some of you guys out there know more about this stuff than I so I am asking if someone can read the results and help me out from what you see that may need some attention or not.
Any information is more that welcome.

I have this posted in the 40 series area also but just in case I'll post it hear incase the 45s frame leanth make a difference.

DL133720 copy.jpg

1969FJ - I did find this while doing some searching for answers on the rear thrust angle witch helps but I am still confused with most of the above readings from the chart and not knowing if actually they fall within a good scope for a FJ45. Not real sure if the 1.56 degrees is actually bad or nothing to be concerned with.
Still thanks for the input.

For what it is worth, I have seen other vehicles have drivability issues if thrust angle is greater than .50 degrees. Since thrust angle is the alignment with front and rear axles, I believe adjusting axles would be a fairly simple procedure.

Just came back from an alignment shop to see if they could show me were I am at with the print out sheet and my book specs. Was a waste of time as they said that they deal in standard readings VS metric readings. Good people just been working with a standard alignment machine for years. The older man said what he suggests was to have someone drive the truck and I follow then and look to see how it track as I follow it to determine if the thrust is out bad. Not high tech but not a bad idea. :steer:

There is no way that someone can determine Thrust , by following and looking. Yes, EXTREME issues can be found but , it takes a calibrated machine to determine a 1.5 degree issue. Actually, you can live with that as FJ45 is not a high speed racer on the interstate all day. You need to find a solid alignment shop that knows this. That said , I also feel your pain as there are not to many left.

It maybe about nothing, I think that it mostly is I not versed in the alignment world so some of this is a bit of frustration of not knowing much and some of trying to do the right thing for this old classic. Yeah I seen the old ford pick ups going down the road crabbing the lane at angles that shock me but I know this 45 is no were near that level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom