Rago Light Bracket Review-They refused to post..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a review I wrote for Rago, they refused to post it, also I cannot get the pictures in here since they are JPG, anyway, buy from them at your own risk, you've been warned.

On January 13, I purchased from Rago 3 items:
· Baja Designs Squadron Pro Driving Combo Led Lights
· 1st Generation Lexus GX470 Ditch Light Brackets
· Lexus GX 470 Molle Cargo Cage - Cargo Net Replacement

The Baja Design Lights, I found and purchased them for $80 less at a competitor after making and paying for the order at Rago. To their credit they canceled the lights and credited my account the full price of the lights. The owner did threaten a restocking fee, but this didn’t happen.

The Ditch Light Brackets, as you can see from the attached pictures , the brackets while constructed nicely, didn’t fit correctly. The outboard edge of both brackets came into contact with the hood rear edge. I adjusted them as far as possible using the manufacturer holes and they still made contact. Not wanting to go through the return process and liking the design/construction of the brackets, I elongated the mounting holes on the brackets enough to provide .10mm of gap. This is the thickness of 2 sheets of standard paper. I’m still not sure the gap is enough and am thinking of grinding the brackets to create a notch in the area by the hood.

The GX470 Molle Cargo Cage, I ordered on 1/13, today is 1/30. I still have not received the cage. Yet I received this request to do a review. I wrote a letter on 1/26 and the person there, Nikki, to her credit wrote me back on the same day apologizing for the delay, telling the order would be packaged and shipped the 27th and that I would receive email tracking info, which I have never received and I still have not received the cage.

I signed up for an account to receive a discount which I did but now my email gets peppered with advertisements. I requested this stop and it has helped a little but some are still sent.

If I could do it over, while I like the design of their brackets, the quality control is lacking. They don’t fit right. I have no idea about the cage but I imagine it will have issues too. Their prices are out of line and their shipping department missed the boat. I STILL have not received the cage and ordered it 18 days ago. Only my email reminder moved the process along.

The one bright spot in their operation is the person that answers the phone, Nikki. She is very nice and is doing all she can do in dealing with the jacked up people behind her. Please try to be nice to her.

This is some first world complaining. My ditch and Molle panels fit great, I suppose it's possible they've changed the design but doubtful. Also, you can stop the auto emails by reading when you sign up, or unsubscribing. They probably use an auto email system for the shipping notifications that triggers once your item hits a stage in the queue. Everyone has lead time delays these days and you're crying about it after you also canceled an item that they'd probably already pulled for your order. Get outta here man it's not Amazon.

Not a complaint, the truth. You do a 2nd rate job of making excuses for them. You on the payroll? Because that's what Rago is, 2nd rate.
Pictures below, I suppose you'll say they are supposed to fit like crap and take a chunk out of my hood paint.
And that shipping delays are normal until the customer calls to ask where the product is.
Finally, since you seem to be in the know, why don't they post my real "first world" review?

20230130_055505.jpg

20230130_055349.jpg

Last edited:
Update:
To be fair, the whole story must be told. Rago finally gave me a full refund for the brackets after Nikki started another dialog about the situation, I sent the pictures', again. (They were sent with the original review which was never posted). Anyway, working with her, she helped me to get my money back and sent a nice email apologizing for the whole situation. So, I have to give credit where credit is due.

Also I received Lexus GX 470 Molle Cargo Cage - Cargo Net Replacement the day before yesterday (only took 3 weeks and a reminder call) and installed it today. Fit was good and install was a cinch. Their video shows exactly the method. Only "complaint" is the hardware kit doesn't have enough flat washers, there needs to be enough for both sides, but, there was only enough for one side. I scavenged some from another leftover hardware kit and install was finished.

I’ve been buying custom parts or gear from small businesses for over 15 years since I started building my 80 series back in 2004.

Your experience is not at the level that requires posting on here. In the scale of small business issues this is small peanuts.

You should have worked with the vendor like you did and the vendor did you right.

I’ve never ordered from Rago before, but they are legit compared to other vendors who delay their product shipment for 3 months to over a year. Some don’t respond at all and some steal your money.

Just realize your situation doesn’t really merit trying to shame the vendor.

If guys look at they're GX like I do.. They're gonna want brackets that fit right. My reason for posting was that. If guys want brackets that take chunk out of their hood paint then pay no attention to the post.. BTW, thanks for putting it back up near the top of the list.

Also... be advised,, their reviews are BS. They don't post negative ones.

Last edited:
My Rago brackets fit perfectly, and didn’t take any chunks out of my hood.

As Homer said, there’s a huge difference between a vendor taking your money and not shipping product or responding, and receiving a light bracket that didn’t fit perfectly. Manufacturing defects happen. The only knock on the manufacturer is if they don’t rectify it.

You chose to modify the product instead of going through the return process.

My Rago brackets fit perfectly, and didn’t take any chunks out of my hood.

As Homer said, there’s a huge difference between a vendor taking your money and not shipping product or responding, and receiving a light bracket that didn’t fit perfectly. Manufacturing defects happen. The only knock on the manufacturer is if they don’t rectify it.

You chose to modify the product instead of going through the return process.
I was going to write my review and be done with it. Rago choose not to post my review. I guess you consider that good business practice. So, where else should i post my experience, if they refuse to post it. I choose here.

We agree to disagree.

The fact is they wanted to charge $80 more for a set of BD lights then could be found on the open market. True, I failed to do my due diligence and shop around prior to purchasing from them. When I spoke to the guy who runs the place about it, he threatened to charge a 30% restocking fee. Luckily they had not shipped the light's yet, go figure...

Then, they sent me a set brackets that their quality control, failed. After my experience with the light's and being threatened a monetary penalty for returning. Who wants to go thru that, I got out the high speed with a rotary file and started removing material to at the very minimum get the brackets off the paint, which I did by a distance of the thickness of 2 sheets of paper.

Now.. I have already posted, after my complaint, they returned my money. I gave them kudos for the net delete despite not having the correct hardware.

I have a set of JW Offroad brackets coming. The ragos will come off and go in the trash where they belong. I'm sure the JWs will fit perfectly. That is a well run company. They have already proven that in just the minimal interaction I've had with them.

So.. go buy your Rago pieces.. I have told you my story.. if you don't like it, or if you think I should shut up and just take it. Well, that is not me and that is not how I roll. I tell my story so guys have a chance to make a more informed decision based on my experience. I guess you think I should just not share what has happened, just leave everyone in the dark and uninformed of my experience. Maybe your the guy that works there that refused to post my review?

Well, we agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Anybody want em? Pay for shipping..just PM me so we can keep the thread buried.
20230227_232725.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom