Rago ARB twin compressor bracket install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had heard this bracket wasn't a good product, but I bought it used and got a great deal. this was literally one of the easiest installs I have ever done. whoever thought this product isn't good, hasn't seen how poorly made some aftermarket stuff is and how many modifications some other aftermarket products require.

PXL_20210410_032615141.jpg

the two pieces of the bracket should be assembled together. after this, the compressor should be mounted to the bracket. I upgraded all my hardware to 10mm bolts with plated washers.

the installation instructions from Rago on YouTube should be followed. vacuum out the bolt holes for the base of the bracket. run a tap though the threaded holes, which have never been used. I did not place a nut on the back side of the fender, the welded, threaded nut was enough for me.

this next section will cover the installation of the switch.

PXL_20210410_032631432.jpg

I bought a waterproof simple switch and placed it where Slee places the factory ARB switch.

I didn't want to use the factory ARB harness as it's got too much going on for features I won't be using.

I looked up how to wire a simple switch and found a thread on a Tacoma forum

3 Pins small.jpg

PXL_20210410_030121394.jpg

this picture absolutely is correct. the original poster did not identify the wires by color, but to be clear here, the wires that need to be shorted (switched to be connected to turn the compressor on) are the purple and red wires.

this is not to be confused with what the ARB factory harness does. the switch side harness from arb is only 2 pins and would connect the black and purple.

Last edited:
PXL_20210410_030141444.jpg

this connector is a metrapack 150 series.

Amazon product ASIN B07DZ2L4JK

I didn't have the crimper for crimping these pins, but I was able to achieve decent results with electrical pliers. this connector takes the female pins while the connector at the ARB compressor housing is more of a male bit.

PXL_20210410_032631432.jpg

the switch is installed via a 1/2 inch hole.

other notes on installing the entire ensemble into the car.

PXL_20210410_014121068.jpg

this bracket that holds this portion of wiring has an indexing tab. this tab had to be bent out of the way so the clocking of the bracket could be changed to fit the Rago bracket.

PXL_20210410_014132275.jpg

this bracket that holds another portion of wiring, had to be hammered flat where it connects to the upper part of the fender. when it's flattened, the Rago bracket can be tightened up against it without any gaps and the wiring bracket doesn't have to be removed for compatibility. I added a washer on the other mounting point (that used to hold the bracket that the plastic pop rivet would go into) just to make everything even with the wiring bracket still in place on the other side.

PXL_20210411_233859957.jpg

to get the positive terminal cover on the batter to fit flat with all the new wiring for the compressor popping out of the side of the cover, I shaved a significant portion of the cover.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom