Radio resets when I hit the brake! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This throws me for a loop.

It happens periodically. Once a month for a day or even a single trip, every time I hit the brake the radio cuts off and resets (as in goes blank and then the Toyota logo appears).

I don’t have to hit the brake hard. It can be a slight tap so I don’t think it is the weight shift. It started about the time I wired my new fog lamps but they are nowhere near the radio wires, fuses, etc.

I would swear someone is playing a joke on me except I am usually by myself and no one in my family can do more than fill a gas tank so it just can’t be a prank.

Any ideas?

Ps- truck is a 2011

That’s a new one on me. Wow.

If it started around the time you did some wiring, I’d say start there.

Could also ask a dealer if they’ve ever seen this or is there a TSB on the issue.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

I build power lines and I have limited experience with automotive wiring but the most common reason for “strange” electrical problems is a bad ground. In my experience. Often there is a bad ground connection and when the amperage through the connection is increased the problem manifests itself. I have had this show up on rv’s, autos, power lines and my residence.
Of course the complex electronics in modern autos add a lot of other issues but I would check around for water ingress and corrosion.
And maybe someone can tell me why the copper components in autos corrode but the power lines that I work on in open air can have simple mechanical connections in service for 50+ years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom