Radio reception (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I unstalled an Alpine CDA9856 a few months ago. I mostly listien to IPOD and CDs. However, when I try to listen to FM radio, the reception is terrible. I used the wiring harness that came with the radio from Crutchfield. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Keith

I unstalled an Alpine CDA9856 a few months ago. I mostly listien to IPOD and CDs. However, when I try to listen to FM radio, the reception is terrible. I used the wiring harness that came with the radio from Crutchfield. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Keith

I think you mean "installed" right? :D

I read that at first and thought, well yeah you're missing something...A radio :flipoff2: :lol:

Ok, kidding aside, is it safe to assume that you did connect up the antenna to the new head unit? You mention using the wiring harness from Crutchfield which I assume simply lets you utilize the OEM connector(s) for power, speakers, amp, etc.

On the antenna, I've seen threads where people have found more than one antenna lead behind their head unit. IIRC some of the OEM head units had two leads for antennas and other times there were two antenna leads because a PO had replaced the entire antenna and left part of the old one in there rather than fish it completely out.

If that applies to you maybe the wrong one was connected up? Just throwing out ideas.

Yes, I meant installed, not unstalled. :doh:

As far as I recall, there was only one antenna lead. I'll unbutton everything this weekend and make sure there wasn't an extra lead I may have missed.

Is it possible he OEM HU was grounded through the antenna and I'm not getting grounded correctly?

Anyone else with Alpine HU have this problem?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom