Radio Face Plate Dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ40Savvy

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm trying to install the old radio in my FJ40. I have all the parts except the radio face plate. Looking at having a 3D printer one created by member ZeroTreeDelta. Does anyone have a OEM faceplate for this radio that they could measure so it can be printed?

Radio.jpg
Radio Part#.jpg

Your radio is from a 9/74-11/75 Toyota Publica/1000. It is not a Land Cruiser radio. Based on the parts catalog diagram, it did not originally come with a face plate, but was mounted through knob/dial cut-outs in the dash.
86120-12020.png

It may fit the FJ40 radio cut-out and the FJ40 OEM faceplate may fit the radio. Here's the dimensions of a later 40 radio. There
can be a couple of issues trying to fit a FJ40 faceplate on non-40 Toyota radio, shaft spacing and tuning dial off-center. If there
is a problem with the faceplate fit, it is usually because the shaft spacing on the radio doesn't match the holes in the faceplate.
Even if the shaft spacing is not a problem, the radio dial may not be centered in the faceplate dial opening.
86120-35025 b.jpg

The faceplate itself lines up with the sides of the radio and the bottom edge. It extends slightly above the top edge of the radio. I don't have this unit any more, so can not provide the exact dimensions. Note the mounting screw on the side. This fits the side tab of the FJ40 cut-out opening. Based on the parts catalog picture, your radio mounted using brackets in the back. This is FJ40 radio 86120-60020.
3.JPG

7.JPG

P1030569.JPG

Details of the faceplate.
P1030566.JPG

P1030565.JPG

Since you are getting it 3 d printed you can customize the faceplate tot he dimensions you need. A better route would be to get the correct radio and do the work to make a repro of the correct faceplate, then you have something there.

Thanks all. This site is a wealth of information and better yet people that are willing to help some random strange.

There are always little clues. I was wondering why there were no mounting screws on the side of the radio to match the dash mounting tabs. Guess I will have to keep looking for a holy grail radio.

This has been posted on here before, a good radio reference for the fj40. A dealer installed unit 08600-00014 was also commonly used in the early mini trucks and the fj40.

1620049673699.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom