For Sale Radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just replaced my stock (assumed) metal radiator in my 88 fj62 with an aluminum one. there is nothing wrong with the radiator, it was professionally gone through last year. it has been in my truck until yesterday. if you need a radiator, let me know.

curious about the aluminum radiator you replaced with. Did it come with transmission cooler in it? I need to replace my original radiator in my '88 fj62 and having tough time finding a good replacement. I ordered an aluminum that was supposed to have cooler in it but turns out it does not.

No, I had a trans cooler already and just moved it. The aluminum radiator helped in that it cooled down faster but my gear shifter stayed hot in the summer like you could barely touch it.

So to clarify you are running an aluminum radiator that does not have a built in trans cooler with an external trans cooler added. I am trying to decide if it will be sufficient for me to use the aluminum radiator I received without trans cooler and just add an external cooler. I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to the mechanics of this

Yes, an external cooler. But I was running a 5.3 ls motor with a mid grade cam and everything

Ran warmer. If I had kept the truck (just so it) I would have been doing something in addition to the external cooler. I did not like that my trans seemed so hot.

Is the radiator still available? I can't afford a brand new one at the moment, I have an 88 fj62 so it should fit perfectly. Thanks!

14214 in Buffalo. Could I get some picture of it as well? Mine sprung a huge leak today and don't have the cash for anything brand new (although it would probably make the most sense)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom