Quick Draw H55F Top Plate Adapters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd assume that the 3D printing was a prototype mock-up, though they could also be 3D printing the wax core that would be used to cast the tops. It doesn't really make sense to make something like this out of composite.

I think Quickdraw tries to use one casting and to drill/machine it differently for different transmissions where possible. Keeping it compact prevents the need to space out other items to make up the difference. The R2.8 seems to want to move the shifter into the heater with how far forward it sits, even more so than some V8s I have seen. The 60 series H55 mitigates this with a V8 because it is further back that the 40s top cover, but a 40 series 4 speed would definitely need it move. ICON goes even further back using AX15s or NV3550s according to their build videos.

Their original intent seems to have been to move the shifter aft to work with the R2.8. I had asked if they were doing 40 style top covers moving it forward and they said they had been looking at both

Using the common 60/70 series top covers probably would be fairly close in a 40 series. The 60 series is a lo ger front to back in the front seat footwell. Plus unlike the 40 seried the 60 seried has a heater duct in that area verses 40 series heater that is almost.touching the hump. The picture above shows the standard top cover sits under the heater duct. That would be possible in a 40 series with a factory heater. Know nothing about this diesel engine but would assume the H42 and H55F would be a different adapter than non Toyota transmissions? Again one bellhousing adapter would cover H42/H55F in both 40 and 60 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom