Quick comparison to rental '23 Denali (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Don't know if these are really direct competitors (since the LC200 isn't on sale anymore), but I rented a '23 Denali so thought I would share my thoughts:

- when approached, the 'push the small button on the handle' way to lock/unlock the Denali feels cheap compared to the 'grab handle and it unlocks' on the LC
- Denali so much roomier in the front seat (the one i had didn't have a sunroof). I had a good 6 inches above my head compared to almost rubbing the roof in the LC
- Driver's seat goes much lower in Denali (see prior note)
- Ventilated seat in Denali works much better (you can actually feel the air flow, not just hear the fan like the LC)
- Back seat in Denali is low rent, looks and feels cheap and flat
- Gear changing buttons in Denali are gimmicky
- Instrument panel graphics are nice in the Denali; easy to configure
- Sound system in Denali was garbage; not that the LC is great, but it sounds better than the Denali one (I have CarPlay in my LC so no difference there)
- Beltline is very high in the Denali; love the view out of the LC much better to front, side and rear
- Hood is very high in Denali; not that the view to the ground is great in front of an LC but it's twice as bad in the Denali
- Heads up display in Denali is nice and useful
- Engine startup roar in Denali sounds much better than LC with good exhaust burble instead of the fan noise in the LC
- Denali accelerates better (not night and day but noticeable), shifts are nearly impossible to feel and responds to throttle quickly
- Steering feel isn't great in either (shocking!) but Denali is so light that it's distracting - LC preferred for sure
- Body roll is worse in the LC (might just be the big fat sidewalls on the tires compared to the low profile ones on the Denali - i didn't notice their size, but the wheels are big)
- Rear bounce over bumps (at least smaller bumps at speed) is better controlled in the Denali (not surprising with IRS)
- LC is quieter than Denali at speed (80-90mph). Denali had 10k miles but sounded like sheet metal flapping a bit in the wind and wind rush was higher than the LC
- Interior durability and robustness - my LC has 40k miles and feels better put together than a 10k Denali

Anyway, always nice to get in a newer vehicle and feel completely satisfied with my 3-year old LC!

Seth
'21 LC200

Your assessment seems right from my experience.
If I needed the biggest family/people hauler in which I planned to drive for a short period of time, this would be what I would purchase.
Otherwise, I would purchase the Land Cruiser....which is decision I made in 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom