Questions about SM420 w/spaceghost plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.projektenterprises.com
Ok so I purchased an SM420 that is using a Spaceghost adapter and is almost ready to drop in except for one little problem...what clutch setup should I get? I probably need a new T.O. bearing and Pilot IIRC. Also I have the stock Toyota 4spd behind a 74 F motor currently if that makes a difference. So what clutch parts would I need to get?

Pressure Plate:
T.O. Bearing:
Pilot Bearing:
Disc:

Thanks in advance :cheers:

pressure plate Stock,
Clutch plate, 11" chevy (although, I still think the toy plate will wor, but I have not tried it myself)
TO bearing, stock
Pilot bearing (I use a GM bushing in a adapter..)

pressure plate Stock,
Clutch plate, 11" chevy (although, I still think the toy plate will wor, but I have not tried it myself)
TO bearing, stock
Pilot bearing (I use a GM bushing in a adapter..)

Where would I source the GM adapted bushing? I am guessing stock will not work in this case?

I think I got mine from Advance adapters.

You need a 3 speed bellhousing, and the nose cone adapter ring thingy

the 3speed disc did not fit the splines on my 420, GM 10spline 11" is the way to go.

Pilot bearing A&W Bearing Supply 800-535-9638

A piece of exhaust pipe cut to 7cm has the correct inner and outer diameter 1 3/8” ID & 1 1/2” OD Part #548530 for stock TO bearing

I'm using a 3 speed clutch and flywheel.

I picked up the throw out bearing adapter, indexing ring, and bushing from Classic Cruisers.

I picked up my 11" Chevy clutch disc from partsamerica.com, they have them for $25, by far the best price I found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom