Question after lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With a ton of help from a few local DixieLand Cruiser members, I installed a hybrid OME 850/862 springs with stock shocks. Everything went great and the cruiser sits nice and level. The only difficulty we had was with a bushing plate on the front driver's side. We had enough plates for the driver's side, but we only had one plate with a lip to go in between the bushing and the body.

The lower bolt was tightened with a impact wrench until it caused the lower shaft of the shock to spin. The top bolt was hand tightened with a wrench until the upper shaft of the shock started to spin. And that bolt is tough to get a wrench on, does anyone have tips on tightening that top bolt?

The main question I have is while driving down the road, I hear a "knock" from the driver's side front wheel. I think it has something to do with the shock and I have loosened and re-tightened the bolts on the shock; however, the "knock" is still there.

I have tried searching and reading through multiple threads, but I have not had any luck.

Any ideas?

I would venture to guess that the stock shock is knocking when it becomes fully extended. Does it make the noise when the front is coming down or up?

I would venture to guess that the stock shock is knocking when it becomes fully extended. Does it make the noise when the front is coming down or up?

It is difficult to tell. It is mainly while driving down the road and on normal road conditions. Would a stock shock fully extend with 850s under normal driving conditions?

I recently dis the same and have the that same knock. It is not the shock. There is still plenty of play in it.

Could it just be that the spring is moving slightly because it was not seated perfectly. When i did my lift i had that noise for about a week when i would do something just right. It ended up that the spring had to move about a half inch to be completely seated.

Could it just be that the spring is moving slightly because it was not seated perfectly. When i did my lift i had that noise for about a week when i would do something just right. It ended up that the spring had to move about a half inch to be completely seated.

X2, not that I had any real noises, but a few trail trips and mine has seemed to settle in very nicley and is quieter.

Prolly wouldnt hurt to do a once over on it with a wrench and double check.

I will try to re-seat the spring this weekend.

After playing with about everything, I finally figured out what it was. I had placed the bushing plates in the wrong order. I had two "lipped" plates on either side of the lower body mount, so no matter how tight everything was, the shock still moved, causing the noise.

Thanks for the help and I sure am glad I found the problem before I went out and bought some new stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom