question aboot rotting metal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well it looks like i wont be getting that cruiser afterall. the buyer for my truck is taking some more time to decide, and the owner of the cruiser has had some more people coming to look at it, so for all i know its already sold. i have to call him after work today for the answer, but i would put money on it that its gone now. oh well....if i sell my truck, then i can be patient and wait for the next good deal on a cruiser...although lookign on ebay, i see alot of nicely redone ones for cheap from back east and in the south, up here they are all more expensive and not quite as nice. but thats ok, im looking for something to wheel, not win auto shows.
if anyuone has a lead on a decent cruisre in the northwest here (must haes 350v8 installed properly, properly sprung ovre, 4 speed tranny, clean frame and decent body are the must haves on my list....power steering, disc brakes, full cage, lined tub are the things id really love to have done already as well since i wont have the time or space to do it myslef) let me know....i know they are out there, i just dont wan tto have ot wait 5 months before i buy one.
thanx

Don't give up dude. It's worth the wait. 78 one owner got me started by wrenching on his back in the early 80s. Twenty years later I finally got one of my own. I've learned alot riding with him and modifying his. Together we built a pretty good rig and one hell of a friendship. I've raced motor cycles most of my life and as much of a thrill it is, it has never given me the feeling I get wheeling. You can go to an event surrounded by complete strangers and they take you in like family. Nowhere have I seen this type of camaraderie. You'll never be sorry you got caught up in this group of people. Every time I've broken something out on the trail, people, parts, and tools appear almost out of thin air. Twisted up a drive shaft in Moab and a few hours later, back on the trail, all damage repaired, was laughing out loud at the adventure of just fixing it out in the dirt. It cost $12 for driveshaft material and the one we built runs smoother than the one that twisted. The guys that help usually won't even accept payment for their services. Most times it's "just payback the favor by helping the next person in need of assistance". That is how it spreads. Good will and good fun.
I'll get down off my soapbox now.
Hope to see you out on a trail someday.

...yup...I'll take the blame (or the credit) for hammerheads TLC addiction. I taught him everything he knows...haha. actually I'm not the mechanical type. I'm a nurse. Hammerhead and I put a SBC in mine back in 83 or 84. That's how it all began. He's a TLC junkie and there is no cure. Heck, he even crawled up a couple optional obstacles I couldn't make. little peckerhead. Oh well. :D
Mancinator don't quit til you score an FJ. Don't settle for less. 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom