Pushrod Cover Gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been digging through all the information I can find on this forum and have found all different kinds of answers. Maybe I can get some clarification on this?

When replacing the cork gasket, should something be applied to the gasket? Should it be put on dry? Some kind of sealer?

Thanks,

Gasket can be put on dry when sealing surfaces are clean & straight. The oil makes the cork expand which creates a tight seal. Or if you feel paranoid, a thin bead of Toyota BLACK FIPG can be applied.
Toyota didn’t use sealer on any of its gaskets when everything was new, shiny & straight.

The trick I learned from a cruiser guru for cork gaskets (side cover and oil pan)

- 3 coats of spray copper per side sprayed onto the cork gasket, install while tacky
- tighten the bolts until the cork starts to bulge slightly at the bolt area, going around all of them evenly and slowly building tightness
- remove each bolt one at a time, red loctite and reinstall to small bulge

On the oil pan do the same but add a dab of FIPG on the inside and outside surfaces/corners where it transitions to the curve sections
I use permatex grey

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom