Purchasing Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all- Not sure where best to post this but I’m hoping you might help me with a sanity check before I finalize a purchase... I’m looking at a 2017 LC at a local used dealer- 19k miles, $64k- see link below. They SAY it’s a lease return. The price seems reasonable given some minor body scratches (see below).

Wear and tear otherwise seems minimal. The Carfax records seem like a 10k service and 15k service were both done, though at different dealerships. Seems like the truck made trips up and down the west coast based on records. Hitch was being used but I’m thinking not to tow because wiring harness connection was still in glovebox. It has been on the lot for a while which I found a little surprising.

If I move forward I’ll take it to Toyota for an inspection but wanted a sanity check from the sage advisors here first! What do you think- would you buy it? Any red flags I’m missing?

0AFB6C8F-704C-4015-9381-0F7D50218FA6.jpeg
7E56D329-C6DA-45EB-8C2E-FBA5509F1A35.jpeg

Last edited:
Lots of scratches. That's no big deal though. Need underbody pics. The underside will tell you a lot about a vehicle. Get under the vehicle and snap some photos. Also add the VIN on the Toyota owners site to check dealer records.

Lots of scratches. That's no big deal though. Need underbody pics. The underside will tell you a lot about a vehicle. Get under the vehicle and snap some photos. Also add the VIN on the Toyota owners site to check dealer records.
Good call on the Toyota site. It more or less squares with the Carfax records but there are a couple of service entries on Carfax I can't find on Toyota. There was a 10,000 mile service at dealership using synthetic oil- that's good. But I can't find Toyota records for the "service" done at 15k. It looks like it was at the dealership twice that December but nothing shows up on Toyota.

Service.PNG

Any dealer service will show up on the Lexus Drivers / Toyota Owners sites. The "vehicle serviced" at 15,440 could be as simple as having the tire pressure checked.

Hi all- Not sure where best to post this but I’m hoping you might help me with a sanity check before I finalize a purchase... I’m looking at a 2017 LC at a local used dealer- 19k miles, $64k- see link below. They SAY it’s a lease return. The price seems reasonable given some minor body scratches (see below).

Wear and tear otherwise seems minimal. The Carfax records seem like a 10k service and 15k service were both done, though at different dealerships. Seems like the truck made trips up and down the west coast based on records. Hitch was being used but I’m thinking not to tow because wiring harness connection was still in glovebox. It has been on the lot for a while which I found a little surprising.

If I move forward I’ll take it to Toyota for an inspection but wanted a sanity check from the sage advisors here first! What do you think- would you buy it? Any red flags I’m missing?

View attachment 2054819View attachment 2054820

NO GO. I’m sure you can find the “cream puff “ your looking for if your patient . You will find it.

Got curious and looked up the service history...

One oil change 2 years ago is all you get. I'd keep looking.

View attachment 2055031
Thank you for digging into it- I really appreciate it! Should I be concerned about that if it otherwise meets the recommended service intervals? I believe they’re 10,000 miles with synthetic and the 15k “service” is just basically a check up/inspection. Is the time between service the bigger concern and if so- is there a recommended time-based service schedule?

Also I wonder if I can call the dealership that reported the 15k service that shows up on Carfax and get more detail on what that was...?

Good call. Carfax shows purchase, not lease, and some correction to the title record. It would have needed some further investigation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom