Pumpkin help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my girlfriend Callie wants to go pumpkin picking sometime soon. We have plans to go hiking Friday probly up around Caesar's Head. So, I was wondering if anyone knows of a place not too far out of the way if I'm driving from Clemson to Caesar's Head where I could go find me a big pumpkin. Pretty much anything's open b/t here and there; Pickens, Easley, Pumpkintown,..... I'm from TR and I'm pretty familiar with the back roads around these parts. I just can't think of a pumpkin farm that she and I could go wander in. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!!:cheers:

No help here....

My wife just told me not to post...

because....

No help here :D

My wife and I were looking for the same thing. I know that there is a pumpkin patch with a corn maze on Hwy 76 between Clemson and Anderson. Other than that, I don't know of much. I do remember not seeing one in Pumpkintown, oddly enough.

Gundy had a thread on the Pumpkintown Pumpkin Festival. He will be crushed that you didn't go. I think he's the honorary pumpkin or the PumpKing or the mayor or something. He was going to take his mini Land Cruisers for the kids.
I think he an Lynn helped put it on.

I believe it was last weekend, search UC section of Mud.
b

BTW do you know what happened to the 'P' in Punkin'town?
It went to Clempson. :hillbilly::bounce2::cheers:

I'm surprised you don't sit out in the Pumpkin Patch Halloween night and try to see The Great Pumpkin.

Don't TR kids know about that?
I guess they don't have Peanuts in the TR Gazette.
b

Reporting in from the field.

Well, Denver Downs Farm has quite a set up and it was very much a success! We had a lot of fun out there and the people are super nice. The corn maize is a lot of fun and I highly recommend this place to anyone w/ kids or to anyone that just wants to go act like a kid. The pumpkins look great, the funnel cakes are good and the people were awesome. Enjoy if anyone is considering it. I recommend going after dark. Just dress warm and take flashlights!:)

For the record

Gundy had a thread on the Pumpkintown Pumpkin Festival. He will be crushed that you didn't go. I think he's the honorary pumpkin or the PumpKing or the mayor or something. He was going to take his mini Land Cruisers for the kids.
I think he an Lynn helped put it on.

I believe it was last weekend, search UC section of Mud.
b

BTW do you know what happened to the 'P' in Punkin'town?
It went to Clempson. :hillbilly::bounce2::cheers:

I'm just a local hermit here in Pumpkintown and prefer to keep it that way.
No way are they going to ensnare me in that 30K people mess.
Smallest "group" at my place in years...thankfully.
Nathan, Bethany and their precious toddler were the only Cruiserhead
visitors. Feed 'em Cowpoke chili and directions to Andy's for sushi dinner
with tips for off the menu specials. ;)
The rest of the drop ins were family. :grinpimp:
Found a great sign for the cabin at the craft booths. "Welcome to the Cabin".
Ate BBQ, fried fish and polish sausage dog. Of course we had the home churned ice cream and funnel cakes.

The Pumpkin Festival did how fewer pumpkins and more people than I expected, but David's hospitality was top notch!

Well, Denver Downs Farm has quite a set up and it was very much a success! We had a lot of fun out there and the people are super nice. The corn maize is a lot of fun and I highly recommend this place to anyone w/ kids or to anyone that just wants to go act like a kid. The pumpkins look great, the funnel cakes are good and the people were awesome. Enjoy if anyone is considering it. I recommend going after dark. Just dress warm and take flashlights!:)

Thanks for the feedback Karl! We're definitely going to head over that way soon...

No problem!! I hope ya'll have a good time. I know we did. It DEF. gave me and some buddies a good excuse to be little kids again, for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom