pulsing sound coming from under the GX (any help to diagnose)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed a sound today as I slowed down exiting a freeway (the concrete wall reflected it so I could hear it). It was a pulsating sound (ch-ch-ch-ch-ch) that was tied to speed rather than engine RPMs, so as I slowed down or sped up it changed gradually with the speed. I am thinking it was something to do with driveshaft or possibly a bearing, but would love to her some more educated opinions
GX has 150K miles on it so I expect something in the driveline. I want to take it to a shop, but if it is driveline, I will look for a driveline specific shop.
any thoughts or suggestions on some possible culprits? If it is a driveshaft...is it something I can lie with until I can get to a shop next Saturday?

thanks guys

Bob

how many miles on your GX? it may be a wheel bearing going bad

150k miles. It seems to be more towards rear of the vehicle

Could be simple as rear brake pad wear indicators or as worse as rear wheel bearing?

Just got done at local les Schwab and it was a heat shield that had fallen down and was rubbing on the axle or something. Can't believe I didn't see it when I looked but I guess I was looking at obvious things like u joints and brakes. Oh well... Final cost was $0 but I will need to replace the heat shield at some point. May not need it.

nice dodged a bullet there, nice catch too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom