PS Courtesy Switch replacement help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have the random dome light on turns along with door unlocking issue. I searched and found out it's most likely the PS front courtesy switch so I picked one up at a Toyota dealer. I cannot tell how it unplugs from the plastic connector to save my life. I'm worried I'll cause damage if I don't ask on here first.

Thanks.

sharp pick or precision flat head (tiny) between the connector halves- kind of pulling the outer sheath from the inner halve's catch nub and pull

So I have the random dome light on turns along with door unlocking issue. I searched and found out it's most likely the PS front courtesy switch so I picked one up at a Toyota dealer. I cannot tell how it unplugs from the plastic connector to save my life. I'm worried I'll cause damage if I don't ask on here first.

Thanks.

Do you have a part number for this, I have the same issue! :)

sharp pick or precision flat head (tiny) between the connector halves- kind of pulling the outer sheath from the inner halve's catch nub and pull
I have a tiny flat head. So I use it to lift the outer sheath off the inner halve's catch hub by finding a good spot to pry? I was going that direction but I didn't want to break the plastic.

Do you have a part number for this, I have the same issue! :)
I'll post up the part number when I get home tonight. If you're impatient or on the way to the dealer today then ask for the courtesy switch for the passenger front door. I think it was about $25 for the switch.

84231-60020

Thanks Onur :)

As a side note, my headlights no longer turn off when I open the door, is this part of the same issue or something else? My green circular light around the ignition lock does not turn on either (maybe finally burned out?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom