Propane Fireplace Insert (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Otter

All Access Pass Holder
SILVER Star
Threads
Is there a Hank Hill in the club?

I was inspired after visiting a friend's house. I'm thinking about adding a propane fireplace insert to our existing fireplace. We don't have natural gas hookup on our property, and we don't want to deal with a wood fire.

Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Is there a Hank Hill in the club?

I was inspired after visiting a friend's house. I'm thinking about adding a propane fireplace insert to our existing fireplace. We don't have natural gas hookup on our property, and we don't want to deal with a wood fire.

Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Not familiar with the fireplaces but, do not place below grade level as this would violate Building Code (IBC and IRC) requirements. The propane is heavier than air and will "puddle" in rooms without sufficient ventilation present. Makes me worry about homes with a basement even if the unit is not in the basement. NG is lighter than air and easier to diffuse with ventilation as a result.

Not familiar with the fireplaces but, do not place below grade level as this would violate Building Code (IBC and IRC) requirements. The propane is heavier than air and will "puddle" in rooms without sufficient ventilation present. Makes me worry about homes with a basement even if the unit is not in the basement. NG is lighter than air and easier to diffuse with ventilation as a result.
I appreciate the advice. We're on a slab and have plenty of makeup air for ventilation. I'd looking for a model with the CO detector and low oxygen shutoff feature.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom