Project Lucille (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi! I have been stuck doing farm projects but am nearing the maintenance phase so I will be able to divert focus to the cruiser. It will be slow going but I will keep progress posted in this thread. While I am waiting for the TC bearings to clear customs I have topped off the coolant overflow and coated the frame and some body rust spots with corrosion free nutz n lube and driven weekly to keep from getting out of shape. For anyone not familiar, this stuff hales from Canada and is pretty awesome. Need some taller jack stands so I am picking these up as they go up to 28 inches.
Also, I am going to take some barkeepers friend to the bumpers and refurb the end caps. Most of the near term focus will be based on preservation and drive ability so transfer case rebuild and rms are up first. Then wire brushing and coating, then suspension. Can’t wait to devote more time to her!

It begins! Finally received the RMS and TC rebuild kit. First up, attaching steel plate to the jack stands so they work on gravel without throwing wood under them. I Plan on putting the stands at the very front so I can get the leaf springs out for the shackle reversal reversal, these are pretty tall. First welding ever, it will hold but not great looking. Should get a few more years out of this shovel too! That worm clamp was stretching out.

308558F7-83BD-4CFB-B791-EDD95C055532.jpeg
C695F0B6-C60D-477B-B2F6-42CB2D56DFAF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom