ProComp Steel Wheels 17x9 (97-7983) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all - Maybe I suck at searching, but I couldn't find anything on here about these wheels on a GX...

Has anyone tried them? ProComp 97-7983 wheels, which are 17x9 6x5.5 with 4.5" backspacing. I can't find anywhere that gives a consistent quote on offset. Depending on how it's calculated, that either means it's ZERO offset, or possibly -12mm (roughly 0.5") if the lip is included in backspace.
https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/pro-c...ameter_PQMS=17+Inches&Construction_PQMS=Steel

I know there are a lot of good options for quality, reasonably priced wheels (FN, SCS, etc.)... But any thoughts on how these steel wheels would fit?

Thanks.

ProComp is a 4WP house brand. They probably have a set in stock, could always swing by if there's one close to you and see if they'll toss one side on to give you an idea of the offset/spacing. Just tell them you're interested in buying, but wanna see it on the truck first.

Lip is definitely included in backspacing measurements. That means it's - 12.
As long the center bore is larger than 106 it will fit. Offset wise it might rub more during TURNS. Shoils not be.a problem if you going to do body mount chop.

I tried a set of stamped steelies and it did not work. There isn’t enough space to clear the brake calipers. Other than not clearing the calipers, they would’ve looked great.

You’d need to order them with a high offset/low backspace so that you could run a set of spacers like SpiderTrax or the like. The actual 8” barrel of the wheel is the same across the run of 8” wheels. It’s the position of the center part/hub that sets the offset.

Hopes this makes sense. I would’ve loved to had ordered correctly but didn’t have time to reorder a second set.

D6F6D9EB-4513-4FB8-BB3B-711B8FCD34AE.jpeg

BFBF0B59-5904-4A7F-8162-D57F5BC1280E.jpeg

Last edited:
thanks for replies all... i actually have a 4wp right down the street, so i'll go check it out when i have some time!

A 17x8 with 5.0” backspacing/+12.0mm offset should land out at the fenders using 1.25” spacers. Unless my math was wrong back after I ordered the wrong ones.

Ask when you get some tried on if they don’t work right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom